So, what is the deal with Apple Cider Vinegar? Some drink a shot, some take a pill, and others mix it with herbs, spices or lemons. First, I do want to state that I am not a nutrition specialist, I am not a dietitian, I love to eat food in its most natural state and use any herbs, foods and spices to stay healthy. Second, always do your own research when trying something new. Here is what I have found on this topic.
People always ask me will Apple Cider Vinegar help me lose weight? My response…No not really, especially if you are looking for a quick fix (which really doesn’t exist). However, it can have other health benefits along with mixing it with lemon juice and spices. Below is a common recipe people use as a drink, this is not a meal replacement, just a drink you can make on your own.
Apple Cider Vinegar Mix Recipe
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I usually use Bragg)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- If you want to sweeten it, add 1 teaspoon of local raw honey
Now, what are the benefits of each item in this drink…
- Apple Cider Vinegar-aiding weight loss, reduce cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels
- Lemon Juice from lemon-supports heart health, help control weight, prevent kidney stones, protect against anemia
- Ground Ginger-anti-inflammatory, may help with weight loss, improve heart disease risk factors, may help lower cholesterol levels
- Ground Cinnamon-can improve metabolism, loaded with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory
- Ground Turmeric-anti-inflammatory, may lower risk of heart disease, has benefits against depression
- Cayenne Pepper-contains Vitamin A, C B6, K, improve function of immune system
I usually have this drink if I’m feeling unwell, or if I have been doing a lot training to help with soreness.
Below are links for full details and sources used to aid in writing this article.